Sunday, October 15, 2006

Marathon Training Summary: Week 3

Distance: 24.38 miles
Time: 3 hours 20 minutes

Comments: Strange week. Half in one season, the rest in another.

I put in three sub-par half-hour runs along the malencon to wrap up my training in South America. Then, after getting stateside, I upgraded my equipment and banged out one super-fast run and a solid long run.

Perhaps the change of scenery was what I needed.

Injury update: Problem number one is this shoulder issue. It is persistant, painful and not responding to my various efforts. It reaches the point that I cannot even turn my head hardly at all. My last hope is with my morning visit to the chiropractor tomorrow.

I will be wary this week of my leg issues due to the new shoes and their radically different feel.

The only other issue on the radar is the tightness in my left leg. The masseuse said it was severe in both the hamstring and the quad. It's something that can quickly affect other aspects of my running.

For example; warming up for the long run the inside of my left knee was very sore but it seemed to respond to stretching. There were no problems during the run itself.