Saturday, October 21, 2006

Recovery Run

Distance: 3.5 miles
Time: 32:07 minutes
Pace: 9:14/mi

Comments: A true recovery run. Every time I felt I was speeding up and hitting a regular pace I made myself slow back down.

I started pretty early and it was rather chilly. That, allied with the lack of stretching, made taking it very very easy the whole way a priority.

But tomorrow will be my first 'real' long run since getting back to Arizona. I want to be ready for it and wasting energy and glycogen today would not be very wise.

Conditions

Hour: 7 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 52 degrees
Humidity: 53 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Chandler, Arizona

Injury update: Yesterday got completely screwed up and, as a result, I wasn't able to get the massage. So the soreness in my shoulder and my quads pretty much are hanging the same with no idea on how to deal with them.