Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 45:34 minutes
Pace: 7:35/mi

Comments: Very good run. I started without stretching or a warmup, just at a nice even pace. I gradually accelerated as I got into it but tried to keep the proceedings at about half race pace. On the last two miles or so I bumped that up just a bit but not much.

I felt very strong the whole way and completely in control of the run. I had lots in the tank and wasn't breathing too heavy after finishing either. The weather was about perfect. The clouds blocked the sun but the air was clear and wind was minimal. It doesn't get much more ideal for putting in miles.

Conditions

Hour: 8:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 70 degrees
Humidity: 53 percent
Wind: 12 mph
Location: Chandler, Arizona

Injury update: Nothing of real note. My shoulder still aches but is significantly less than it was on Sunday. I did feel creaky in the knees starting out today but that passed. Toward the end of the run the arch of my right foot felt tender. Very minor but a concern given the new shoes