Friday, October 20, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 45:00 minutes
Pace: 7:30/mi

Comments: I got started kind of late today and things got pushed back even farther due to my stretching. In retrospect, it may have also been a bit of overtiredness but the jury is still out on that.


As I expected, my left leg was much tighter than my right and even concentrated stretching didn't seem to do much for it. That said, there weren't any worrisome sensations today... but more on that in a sec.

I did a bit of warming up and started off a little faster than usual although still less than the pace I finally settled into. After a mile and a half I hit a stride and kept with it most of the rest of the way.

But the whole run was work. I had to push myself through every step and the last two miles were filled with the 'don't wannas.' I've reached the point where I can ignore this sensation but I still don't enjoy when it rears its ugly head.

Conditions

Hour: 10 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 67 degrees
Humidity: 26 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Chandler, Arizona

Injury update: As I said, no anxiety-producing feelings today. I did get a twing in my right quad at one point and my left outside quad was seriously tight the whole way. Perhaps the most problematic thing this week is the soreness of my left knee when I stretch. I plan to chat with the doc about it next week.