Thursday, October 19, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 35:12 minutes
Pace: 8:48/mi

Comments: Headed down to the south end of Chandler to do a run with my sister and my niece. After cranking out the tough run yesterday I though a slightly less intense run would be best.

It was probably good I went, otherwise I would have, to borrow the phrase from another runner I know in training for this race, taken a ride on the excuse train.

But it was a great day to be out. Lotsa sun, low humidity and almost no wind. Afterward I was a bit more tired than I usually am, though.

Conditions

Hour: 9 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 73 degrees
Humidity: 29 percent
Wind: 4 mph
Location: Chandler, Arizona

Injury update: The shoulder continues to be a hassle but it's not as bad as it has been earlier in the week. My left leg is extremely tight and my quads all felt really overstretched today during the run. I'm gonna have to expand my stretching routine on that leg or there's gonna be trouble ahead.