Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 8 miles
Time: 61:12 minutes
Pace: 7:39/mi

Comments: A pretty good run. I skipped the stretch (a practice that has got to stop) and hit the road pretty cold. As a result I took it very slow the first mile or so.

After that I dropped into a comfortable pace and tried to keep it steady. I was a bit sore and tired today but nothing major and it wasn't any hindrance after getting warmed up.

At about the six mile mark I realized I could probably fit the run in under and hour so I bumped up my pace and, at the one mile mark, bumped it up even more. I was running pretty hard the last half mile but I didn't quite make my goal.

Conditions

Hour: 9:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 64 degrees
Humidity: 45 percent
Wind: 2 mph
Location: Chandler, Arizona

Injury update: Nothing major before, during and after. The inside of my right knee was sore yesterday and this morning. I iced it last night when I iced my shoulder. I had a twing in my left shin after the run and my left quad is uncomfortably tight.