Sunday, October 15, 2006

Long Run

Distance: 9 miles
Time: 82:23 minutes
Pace: 9:15/mi

Comments: Did the long run today with my sister and her daughter. I figured the reduced pace would work well with my week since I pushed it a bit hard on Saturday.

We used a concrete and dirt route along one of the canals near her house in the southern part of the city. Very level and very accommodating for running and biking.

My sister pushed the baby runner for the first two miles and I took it for the rest of the run. It was a relatively easy pace for me and it gave her a chance to do a long run without the device affecting her gait.

So I focused on keeping it slow and steady. Concentrating on the details of my run; the regular pace, the steady breathing, my posture and whatnot. It was an effective exercise for a lot of the aspects I have been neglecting.

Conditions

Surface: dirt/concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Hour: 8:30 a.m.
Temperature: 60 degrees
Humidity: 62 percent
Wind: 4 mph 
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Injury update: The shoulder was a problem again. It was painful in the morning but less than yesterday. It affected the run but was less intense toward the end.