Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 28:04
Pace: 7:01/mi

Comments: Not a bad little effort. I wanted to make this a recovery run but got into a good groove despite myself and just rode with it.

I tried to focus on form - keeping my elbows in and running on the ball of each foot - throughout. I felt pretty strong most of the way but my inconsistent dining yesterday didn't leave me with as much energy at my disposal as I would have liked.

It is noticeably chillier and darker in the mornings lately which is nice for running but I'm gonna have to start putting on layers if it gets any worse. And it can't be as bad as the depressing never-ending grey of Lima.

Conditions

Hour: 10 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: cloudy
Temperature: 58 degrees
Humidity: 55 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Saucony
Con Musica

Injury update: A bit of tightness in my outside left quad above the knee.