Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 46:28
Pace: 7:45/mi

Comments: A pretty tough wind buffeted me about for about half of the effort. That allied with the lower temperatures made things uncomfortably brisk heading out.

That said it turned into a very nice little run. I started off slow after taking extra time to stretch out (my left knee has been somewhat sore over the last day or so). I chugged along into the whoosh of the chilly desert air for the first two miles before I got warm and the wind decided to ease off somewhat.

The last half of the run was completely in the zone. I felt strong, had a solid pace and felt completely in control the whole way. A rather nice feeling after the drag-ass that has followed me around for the last few weeks.

The only negative part of the run is I felt my breathing wasn't right. I never developed an actual stitch but one kept threatening to pop up. It looks like I might need to re-read that chapter of the book this afternoon.

Conditions

Hour: 9 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 53 degrees
Humidity: 28 percent
Wind: 15 mph
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Brooks
Con Musica

Injury update: nada