Saturday, December 2, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 35:26
Pace: 8:52/mi

Comments: A very slow, very controlled run with a slight dose of paranoia due to the ongoing issue with my left calf.

I took it very slow and was constantly ready to pack it in if I felt even the slightest additional twinge out of the leg.

I also wore my old Asics which have a greater degree of motion control. These shoes are nearing the end of their usable lifespan but they will be more than fine for right now. The idea is that by using them, they will give the lower leg a bit more support and a bit of a break until I can figure out exactly what the hell is wrong with me.

Conditions

Hour: 10 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 47 degrees
Humidity: 27 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Asics
Sin Musica

Injury update: And the ache in the calf was still there but it stayed at the same low level for the entirety of the run. Never any sharp point and never anything additional. Do I think it's fixed? Not really, but it is somewhat improved.