Friday, May 18, 2007

Fitness Run

Time: 30 min
Distance: 5.5 kilometers

Comments: I guess the training has taken more out of me than I expected. My tiredness the other day didn't ease up. I took a two hour nap and did another marathon sleep that night.When I felt dragging again yesterday morning I thought it would be wiser to skip the run and lay low. Didn't go out or anything. Just tried to stay off my feet and sleep as much as possible.As a result I felt better this morning but still not at my peak. I got on the road pretty early and it wasn't too tough getting out the door.The muscles were unenthusiastic about the warmup but it didn't take long into the run for things to click. I didn't eat very well yesterday so it was clear that I didn't have much in the tank but, despite that, I felt pretty good for most of the run.
Conditions:

Hour: 7 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Warm-up:1 km run/stretching
Weather: sunny w/ clouds