Saturday, July 21, 2018

Pace Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 34:21
Pace: 8:34 min/mi

Comments: Day five of a six-day workout streak. I'm definitely running on tired legs but I've got to get used to that at some point. The long run tomorrow is intimidating though.

The start was expectedly uncomfortable but I got warmed up much faster than I expected. The target pace was somewhere between 8:30 and 8:45 which I cheated on the fast side the last mile to make up for the warmup.

I really focused on associative running, keeping focused on the effort. At the end I felt pretty good, not worn out or burnt. All good signs.

Conditions

Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: clear
Temperature: 85 degrees
Humidity: 60 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada