Sunday, July 15, 2018

Marathon Training Summary: Week 3

Distance: 29.04 miles
Time: 4:34:53
Pace: 9:28 min/mi

Comments: I was a bit concerned starting out this week due to to the workload of Week 15. I saw a lot of improvement last week as the miles increased but that was accompanied by a sharp reduction in recovery days. I responded well, but I'm certainly concerned about overload.

The idea was to dial it back a little this week, and I actually did somewhat, but it was still pretty intense when compared to my efforts as recently as June. But I have continued to feel pretty good even as the efforts have intensified.

One tool helping me with this is the Stravistix charting system that uses heart rate exertion to track fitness and fatigue (see below). After a few weeks of toying with it, I'm starting to grasp how it expresses the work I've been putting in. Hopefully, it'll be a way to keep my legs feeling strong through this training effort.