Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Interval Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 32:12
Pace: n/a

Comments: Interval workout day. I was rather apprehensive. I felt exhausted after yesterday's run and took a nap that did nothing but leave me bleary. Getting up today was difficult. I warmed up OK but my legs didn't feel ready for the effort. I put that aside and just got into the intervals.

This was five half-mile efforts at 5K or better pace with about a two minute break between. I felt I was running hardest the first one which was the slowest. After that I worked on focus, keeping my attention on the run for the whole of the interval.

WU .75 mi 7:46
1 .5 mi 3:31
2 .5 mi 3:22
3 .5 mi 3:19
4 .5 mi 3:25
5 .5 mi 3:20
CD .75 mi 7:28

My first interval was exactly the same time as my first one last month. After that, I was a good ten seconds faster on each of these compared to last time. Finished pretty worn out but pleased with the effort.

Conditions

Hour: 6:20 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 84 degrees
Humidity: 71 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Ghost 11

Injury update: nada