Friday, July 20, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 56:10
Pace: 9:21 min/mi

Comments: Slept badly last night and woke up stupid early. The result is I headed out on this one not feeling 100% at all. The target was 10 min/mi but I was willing to settle for less if my legs didn't have it in them.

The warm up went pretty well and, after the first mile, I tried to increase my cadence while cutting my stride. The idea being expend less energy for a more efficient effort. I also tried to improve my focus and associative running technique.

I was slightly behind pace at the turnaround so I increased the effort slightly over the next two miles. I kept this up on the last mile but switched back to a normal stride. Overall it was a good effort but I was less than enthusiastic about it.

Conditions

Hour: 6:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather:
Temperature: 86 degrees
Humidity: 63 percent
Wind: nada
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Ghost 11

Injury update: nada