Sunday, August 12, 2018

Long Run

Distance: 15 miles
Time: 2:26:06
Pace: 9:44 min/mi

Comments: Welp. It's been awhile since I've done a long run in the rain and they are just about as fun as I recall. Which is to say they suck. I got five miles in before it started coming down. It never got really heavy (or with lightening) but it was constant.

The upside was that temperatures were unusually cool and there were hardly any asshole bikers out at all. It was the kind of long run where you crawl into that little ball of pain to get through it.

I did well most of this one until the last couple of miles which were pretty rough. Still, I finished almost 14 minutes faster than the 15-miler I did two weeks ago. And I felt less beaten at the end.

Conditions

Hour: 5:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: rain
Temperature: 73 degrees
Humidity: 95 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: A little soreness in my right knee after the run.