Thursday, August 16, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 37:50
Pace: 9:27 min/mi

Comments: The speed work yesterday really made itself felt in the afternoon. I was as tired as I typically feel after a long run. But not nearly the same amount of soreness. I was not surprised to want a bit more sleep this morning but the lack of stiffness on this run was not expected.

I wanted to hold this one right at 9:30 min/mi -- just over my long run speed. This was partly about keeping constant with my pacing but also with the heart rate. It was a struggle, I really kept wanting to go faster, but I hit both targets just about perfect. And I didn't feel exhausted at the end of it.

Conditions

Hour: 9:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: clear
Temperature: 82 degrees
Humidity: 78 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada